[RISKS] Risks Digest 24.45

Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 15:16:40 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Thursday 19 October 2006  Volume 24 : Issue 45

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.45.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
A380 delivery delays attributed partly to design SW problems (Peter B. Ladkin)
More on A380 delivery delays (Peter B. Ladkin)
A380 design software incompatibility costs 4.8 billion euros (Mike Martin)
Brazil collision: Too much precision a bad thing? (David Magda)
The NTSB on John Denver's crash and bad interfaces (Trammell Hudson)
More on the Transrapid accident (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Transrapid: fault of the people? (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Re: Cost of online banking typo put on consumer (Peter B. Ladkin)
Identity Theft With Google Code Search (Gervase Markham)
AmEx security (Gregory Marton)
2007 Collegiate Voting Systems Competition (Tim Finin)
REVIEW: "World War 3: Information Warfare Basics", Fred Cohen (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)