[RISKS] Risks Digest 24.55

Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 14:19:44 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Saturday 3 February 2007  Volume 24 : Issue 55

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.55.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Super Bowl site hacked, seeded with exploits (EEkid)
Ed Felten: AACS Decryption Code Released (Monty Solomon)
/Mis/using a laptop to compute take-off parameters on a B747-400
  (Philippe Jumelle)
Customer was sent 75000 bank statements (Martyn Thomas)
Another example of bad software (Avi Rubin)
Windows Vista voice vulnerability (Joe Loughry)
Daylight savings time mess looms (Lauren Weinstein)
Massachusetts Attorney General sees card fraud close up (Mark Lutton)
Canadian coins containing tiny transmitters (Mark)
StopBadware blacklists a cartoon book site (Jim Youll)
Doesn't sound like a laser pointer to me... (Paul Saffo)
Square roots (Andrew Koenig)
Risks of one's complement arithmetic? (Daniel P.B. Smith)
Re: Excel Date Bug (Steve Wildstrom)
Re: Cell phone in man's pocket sets him on fire (Lauren Weinstein)
REVIEW: "Security Governance", Fred Cohen (Rob Slade)
REVIEW: "Knowledge Power: Intellectual Property, Information and Privacy",
  Renee Marlin-Bennett (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)