[RISKS] Risks Digest 24.59

Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 15:41:27 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 13 March 2007  Volume 24 : Issue 59

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.59.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Errors down Canada's electronic income tax filing system (Paul Robinson)
Mega Millions Mess (Benjamin Jun)
PG&E sidesteps $38 million bill for daylight-saving patch (Paul Eggert)
FDA - DST and Medical Device Safety (Richard I. Cook)
Countdown to Confusion (Babington/Tse via Monty Solomon)
Insured car wrongly crushed? (Chris Drewe)
Two traffic engineers deny hacking into L.A.'s traffic system (PGN)
Hackers break into Harrisburgh water system network (PGN)
Trailing blank causes e-mail failure (Richard Karpinski)