[RISKS] Risks Digest 24.66

Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 12:05:16 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 14 May 2007  Volume 24 : Issue 66

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.66.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Browns Ferry 3 nuclear power site scrammed (PGN)
Reactors, remotely defended (Wendell Cochran)
Unit confusion caused fatal chemotherapy overdose (Mark Brader)
Error in climate data recording software (Charles Perrow via Martyn Thomas)
Another sat-nav accident: car destroyed, driver escapes (Mark Brader)
Touch typing (Jim Horning)
NZ fisheries "ruler" short (George Michaelson)
TSA Loses Hard Drive With Personal Info (PGN)
Internet2 Knocked Out By Homeless Man? (Chris Hodge via Dave Farber)
Ed Felten: You Can Own an Integer Too - Get Yours Here (Monty Solomon)
More on the bogus Canadian "spy coin" (Jim Horning)
Re: Impossible data requested (Gillian Brent)
Re: Automatic translation leads to ethnic slur (Tony Ford)
An interesting phishing risk... (Craig DeForest)
Microsoft sets the wrong time in the PC's real time clock chip (Len Spyker)
Re: US Daylight Saving Issues (Nick Bender, John Levine, Joseph Barrett)
First Usenix Workshop on Offensive Technologies: WOOT 07 (Tal Garfinkel)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)