[RISKS] Risks Digest 24.72

Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 09:51:03 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Wednesday 11 July 2007  Volume 24 : Issue 72

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.72.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Remote physical security for air traffic control center (Rob Slade)
Beware of the fine print (Peter Mellor)
The risk with the Mac OS X 10.4.10 version number (T Yip)
The Athens Affair: Greek Cellphone Caper (Roy Stehle)
Lightning bolt blamed for NYC power outage (PGN)
Voltr Risks, Glitch - Fire Alarm - International Space Station
  (Robert J Perillo)
Wikipedia, It's Time to Grow Up!  The Benoit Murder/Suicide Case
  (Lauren Weinstein)
Wikipedia and Responsibility (Lauren Weinstein)
Re: Transport system complexity presents insurmountable risk? (Mark Brader)
Re: Gripen: Risks of safety measures in military jet aircraft (Matt Jaffe,
  Peter Mellor)
N-version programming -- the errors are in ourselves (Fred Cohen)
Secure Programming with Static Analysis (Brian Chess)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)