[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.14

Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 15:06:57 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Friday 2 May 2008  Volume 25 : Issue 14

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.14.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
U.S. Customs computer system fails nationwide (PGN)
Protecting Yourself From Suspicionless Searches While Traveling
  (Jennifer Granick via Monty Solomon)
Air marshals' names tagged on 'no-fly' list (Audrey Hudson via Monty Solomon)
Italy posts salary details on web (Amos Shapir)
Tot dies after Internet 911 call fails to reach dispatchers (Tony Toews)
Canadian Human Rights Commission investigator hijacks woman's Internet
  connection (Kelly Bert Manning)
Microsoft anti-encryption toolkit (David Lesher)
"Default Password" exploits still work (William Nico)
Protecting credit card holders (Kearton Rees)
Police officer uses real witness statement as template document
  (Identity withheld by request)
False alarm guaranteed after 7 years (Daniel P.B. Smith)
Facial recognition in airports... please say it's April 1st. (Fred Cohen)
Re: Face scans for UK air passengers (Peter Houppermans)
Re: 30th Spamiversary (Amos Shapir)
Re: Real-time spying on credit card holders (Nick Brown)
Blown to Bits, Abelson/Ledeen/Lewis (PGN)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)