[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.38

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:51:35 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 14 October 2008  Volume 25 : Issue 38

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.38.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents: [backlogged]
Investigator: Computer likely caused Qantas plunge (Paul Saffo)
Qantas A330 accident (Martyn Thomas)
B-2 crash on takeoff (Ken Knowlton)
Illinois high-speed trains (Jon Hilkevitch via David Lawver)
D10T: National Debt Clock is out of digits (Mark Brader)
Passport RFID attack: missing validation (Aaron Emigh via PGN)
Missing hard drive "not encrypted" because it was "secure"
  (John Carlyle-Clarke)
Russian researchers achieve 100-fold increase in WPA2 cracking speed
  (Monty Solomon)
Defective news submission website (Steven M. Bellovin)
Risks of a new laptop (Nick Brown)
Researcher Liuba Belkin: Workers more prone to lie in e-mail (Monty Solomon)
Thomas Crown escape, revisited (Peter Houppermans)
Re: Sydney NS vs. Sydney NSW (Steve Schafer)
Oyster card hack details revealed (Gabe Goldberg)
Re: Remarkable --  United Airlines Stock (Russ Nelson)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)