[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.60

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:03:39 PST
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Friday 6 March 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 60

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.60.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Health-care: The Computer Will See You Now (Anne Armstrong-Cohen via PGN)
Turkish Airline disaster and the Altimeter (Turgut Kalfaoglu)
Britain's Chinook helicopters unusable for years due to software (Mark Brader)
Conviction in attempted 229 million GBP theft (Mark Brader)
Altimeter and autopilot possible cause of plane crash near Schiphol
  (Ben Blout)
Normal Accidents and Black Swans (Jerry Leichter)
Building-Security-In Maturity Model: BSIMM (Gary McGraw)
An insider attack... in the police (Jeremy Epstein)
Diebold delete button for erasing audit logs (Kim Zetter via PGN)
Re-examining assumptions (Jerry Leichter)
Credit card #s plucked out of air at FL Best Buy (David Ian Hopper
  via Dave Farber)
Worldpay ATM system breached (Neil Youngman)
Re: Iridium and Cosmos satellites collide (Ivan Jager)
Risk Contained In RISKS Posting? (David E. Price)
Re: Wikileaks cracks key NATO document on Afghan war (Charles Wood)
Re: Google Gaffe: Gmail Outage ... (Alain Picard)
Verizon curiosity (Peter Zilahy Ingerman)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)