[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.67

Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:54:04 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Saturday 16 May 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 67

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.67.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Emirates Tail Strike at Melbourne 20 Mar 2009 (David Landgren)
Joke foils chess software (Fred Gilham)
Canada's tax agency computers pile up (Ken Knowlton)
New key-derivation function (David Magda)
iCal/iPhone/iPod dislike senior citizens? (Steven M. Bellovin)
JHU insider may have breached more than 10,000 patient records (PGN)
DC financial-aid agency discloses personal data of 2,400 students
  (George Mannes)
DHS Sensitive But Unclassified sharing platform hacked (PGN)
French net piracy bill signed off (Amos Shapir)
Kiwibank discovers perils of Google Adwords with 100% Interest campaign
  (Max Power)
Australian emergency services can't break through their own firewall
  (Danny Burstein)
Re: FAA ATC shutdown (Gene Wirchenko, Al Macintyre, Pete Kaiser,
  Mike Coleman, Linda Gorman)
REVIEW: "Googling Security", Greg Conti (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)