[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.69

Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:15:47 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Sunday 24 May 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 69

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.69.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Another Boston subway crash with cell-phone implications
HIV patients sue after records left on MBTA (Elizabeth Cooney)
NZ bank lends $10M instead of $10K; couple takes the money and runs
  (Ian Wells)
Re: NY voter voted absentee, then died; ballot ruled invalid
  (Paul Wallich, Harvey Fishman)
Fragility of telephone system (Jim Haynes)
SANS NewsBites gets it very wrong, fails to post a correction
  (Jonathan Kamens)
Re: Nielsen Ratings (Rupert Moss-Eccardt)
How to make memorable but secure passwords (Phil Colbourn)
Re: A Lesson in Internet Anatomy: The World's Densest Meet-Me Room (Jidanni)
Re: FAA ATC shutdown (Walter Roberson, Chris Drew, Gene S. Berkowitz,
  Al MacIntyre, Fred Cohen)
Re: On Government IT competence (Pete Kaiser)
eCrime Researchers Summit CFP (Monty Solomon)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)