[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.77

Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 8:51:13 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 1 September 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 77

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.77.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
UK Chinook helicopters grounded for *years* due to software problems
  (Danny Burstein)
DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show (Monty Solomon)
Computer-driven class schedules (David Lesher)
Computer to blame for man's fiery death (Gene Wirchenko)
RFI isn't all harmless: turns on oven (David Lesher)
Pepper-spray ATMs (Jeremy Epstein)
The VA erroneously informs over a thousand vets of fatal diagnosis
  (Rob McCool)
ROTC Computer Files Found in the Public Domain (Monty Solomon)
Hackers break into police computer as sting backfires (Andrew Pam)
3 Indicted in Theft of 130 Million Card Numbers (Monty Solomon)
AT&T unable to protect Kevin Mitnick's account (David Magda)
Swiss Data Protection orders Google Streetview offline (Peter Houppermans)
Canadian model gets Google to unmask nasty blogger (Simon Avery via PGN)
Cannot print on Tuesdays! (Phil Colbourn)
GSM's A5/1 cipher being brute forced (David Magda)
The Pirate Bay Returns With Guns Blazing (jidanni)
Bad questions for account retrieval (Jeremy Epstein)
Take only pictures *we* like (David Lesher)
Re: Kentucky election fraud indictments (Drew Dean)
Stephen Albin. The Art of Software Architecture (David Schneider)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)