[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.05

Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:17:15 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 4 April 2010  Volume 26 : Issue 05

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.05.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
India EVM susceptible to tampering (Raj Mathur)
Security Analysis of India's Electronic Voting Machines (Halderman et al.)
Risks of trusting a sensor, off by 20x (Michael Rosa)
Ars Technica's old provider hacked.  Data loss. (S. Keeling)
Top Ten Reasons You Should Quit Facebook (Dan Yoder on Gizmodo)
U.S. Treasury Department dangerously redirecting users (Dan Goodin)
Pay attention to Windows 7 update KB980408 (Lauren Weinstein)
Chip and not bother with the pin (Celine Read)
Fingerprinting Paper with Laser (Gadi Evron)
A socio-psychological analysis of the first Internet war: Estonia (Gadi Evron)
Your Phone Is Locked. Just Drive (David Pogue via Monty Solomon)
Don't forget to back up the car before reloading the software (Roy Smith)
Clouds and Phones and Untrustworthiness (Bill Gunshannon)
Re: Speech recognition and phone banking: not a very good idea (Joe Thompson)
Re: The Eyes Have It: Car Steered With Driver's Eyes (Marc Wilson)
Re: USPS allows an INTERNET Change of Address (Edward Reid)
Re: SSNs again -- in Medicare (Edward Reid)
Re: Risks of RFID car keys (Bob Schuchman)
Re: We Have Met the Enemy and He Is PowerPoint (Bob Frankston, John Levine,
  Gary Borba, Harry Crowther)
Re: YOUR SAT NAV IS WRONG - GO BACK! (Leonard Finegold)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)