[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.17

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:01:25 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 20 September 2010  Volume 26 : Issue 17

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.17.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Technical Engineering Risks (Peter Bernard Ladkin)
JP Morgan Chase online service outage (Steven J Klein)
Accidental triggering of Emergency Alert Systems (Danny Burstein)
Ed Felten on Haystack (Jeremy Epstein)
Malicious e-mail with executable pdf (PGN)
Similar to Smail Mail: Insert <Slug> vs Insert "The Slug" (Mark Brader)
The populist approach to computer security? (Steve Schafer)
Spoiler Alert: Whodunit? Wikipedia Will Tell You (Noam Cohen via
  Monty Solomon)
Private Paypal payments on the Web (Chris J Brady)
Follow-up on Blu-ray HDCP Master Key crack (PGN)
Re: Software glitches, systemic failure, airplane crashes (Dick Mills)
Re: Scary e-mail -- invite from Facebook (Merlyn Kline)
Re: A Strong Password Isn't the Strongest Security (Don Norman, Dick Mills,
  Nick Brown)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)