[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.35

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:11:37 PST
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Sunday 20 February 2011  Volume 26 : Issue 35

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.35.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
U.S.-centrism: a Blind Spot (Gene Wirchenko)
UK Immigration Officer Puts Wife on the No-Fly List (Bruce Schneier)
Risks of trusting GPS (Steve Lamont)
Court applies "computer use" sentence enhancement due to simple cell
  phone use (Lauren Weinstein)
New Hacking Tools Pose Bigger Threats to Wi-Fi Users (Kate Murphy via)
  Monty Solomon)
Risk of using old techniques on new technologies (Jim Reisert)
Free File Fillable Forms vs. Foreign Country (jidanni)
Kill Switch, Anyone? (Gene Wirchenko)
DHS/ICE vs. ICANN (Lauren Weinstein)
FBI wants surveillance backdoors in ... pretty much everything
  (Lauren Weinstein)
The Dirty Little Secrets of Search (David Segal via Monty Solomon)
How does Nabble store passwords? (jidanni)
SpyTunes (Andrew Mcafee via Monty Solomon)
Precioussss! Mental price comparisons (Gene Wirchenko)
Alarm Fatigue (Cliff Sojourner)
Re: Tree octopus exposes Internet illiteracy (Kelly Bert Manning)
Good, techish, update on Stuxnet (Symantec via Danny Burstein)
REVIEW: "Extrusion Detection", Richard Bejtlich (Rob Slade)
Computers, Freedom and Privacy 2011, WashDC, 14-16 Jun 2011 (Lillie Coney)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)