[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.52

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:25:24 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 2 August 2011  Volume 26 : Issue 52

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.52.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents: [Catching up.  PGN]
Motorcycle 'smart key' can disable steering (Steven J Klein)
Internet Addiction (Sharon Gaudin via Gene Wirchenko)
Researchers Expose Cunning Online Tracking Service That Can't Be Dodged
  (Lauren Weinstein)
House Committee sweepingly hypocritical Internet data retention bill
  (Lauren Weinstein)
Bot-Bashed by Google (Robert X. Cringely via Gene Wirchenko)
Re: Study Faults Approval Process for Medical Devices (Kevin Fu)
Re: Patient alleges Tufts breached privacy (Steve Loughran)
Re: FB & facial recognition software (Peter Houppermans)
Re: Risks of verbose automated e-mail (Eriks Ziemelis)
Re: Don't throw away Grandma's wind-up desk clock (Kurt Fredriksson,
  Mark Kramer)
Taking over a stranger's phone number (Geoff Kuenning)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)