[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.57

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:45:39 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 19 September 2011  Volume 26 : Issue 57

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.57.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Redundancy is always a good idea, when it exists (David Lesher)
EFF Heads Back to Court to Fight Warrantless Wiretapping (EFF)
Re: United Airlines uses 11,000 iPads to take planes paperless
  (Alistair McDonald)
Re: Air France 447 (Peter Houppermans)
Re: United Airlines uses 11,000 iPads to take planes paperless (John Stanley)
Pakistan orders ISPs to block VPNs and other encryption? (NNSquad)
Supercookie (Bill Snyder via Gene Wirchenko)
Re: "Why Governments Are Terrified of Social Media" (Chris D)
Re: Zombie Cookies won't die (Chris Jewell)
Re: Risks in Google, specifically Gmail (John Fouhy, Joseph Brennan)
Re: Don't throw away Grandma's wind-up desk clock (Martin Ward)
Re: Transaction without a password is more secure? (Wayne Mesard)
Re: Researchers' Typo-squatting Stole 20 GB of E-Mail (Lauren Weinstein)
Re: $100 Bill: The Fed Has a $110 Billion Problem ... (Nick Laflamme)
Re: Yet another incident of over-reliance on GPS navigation (Paul Wallich)
Re: Man unable to open car from the inside and dies of dehydration
  (David Peverley)
Online risks for a power of attorney (Jared Gottlieb)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)