[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.82

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 14:04:50 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Wednesday 9 May 2012  Volume 26 : Issue 82

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.82.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Nevada issues first license for a driverless car (Mark Thorson)
The Campus Tsunami (David Brooks, James Morris)
Living Plan IT's Urban OS (PGN)
Judge: An IP-Address Doesn't Identify a Person -- or BitTorrent Pirate
  (Torrentfreak via Monty Solomon)
How "Privacy Correctness" Is Leading Us Dangerously Astray (Lauren Weinstein)
Re: Fed report on that Southern California blackout (Dick Mills)
FBI Wants Backdoors in Facebook, Skype and Instant Messaging
  (Lauren Weinstein)
"Half of all Macs will lack access to security updates by summer"
  (Gregg Keizer via Gene Wirchenko)
Understanding the Net neutrality debate: Listening to stakeholders
  (Lauren Weinstein)
With Chen Guangcheng news on Twitter, China's censors lost control
  (Lauren Weinstein)
Re: The Power of Individual Voters to Transform Their Government
   (Steve Wildstrom, Martyn Thomas)
"Controlling Queue Delay" published -- Re: Bufferbloat (Jim Gettys)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)