[RRE]conferences

From: Phil Agre (pagreat_private)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 17:41:32 PDT

    I realize not everyone is interested in the conference announcements
    I send out.  After all, most people will never attend any of them.
    But hey, I won't attend more than a vanishing proportion of them
    either.  I find them fascinating for several reasons.  They remind me
    how big the world is, and how small.  They give me a sense of knowing
    what everyone in the research world and other relevant institutions
    is doing, or at least what they publicly say they're doing and what
    language they use to say it.  Fortunately, numerous RRE readers share
    my fascination, and several of them have self-organized to assemble
    the enclosed absurdly long list of upcoming conferences that relate
    to the social-aspects-of-computing types of topics that RRE covers.
    The conferences are loosely grouped into six categories: information
    systems in context, information society, interface, economics and
    commerce, libraries and museums, and the incredibly huge world of
    education technology.  We thought of assembling a humorous list of
    the odd conferences that also get organized in the world (e.g., the
    "Reciprocal Meat Conference") but we decided it would be too easy.

    information systems in context

    Second Kyoto Meeting on Digital Cities, 18-20 October 2001
    http://www.digitalcity.jst.go.jp/meeting/

    Organizations and Society in Information Systems, New Orleans, 16 December 2001
    http://www.ifipwg82.org/oasis2001.php3

    Information Systems Development, London, 5-7 September 2001
    http://www.rhbnc.ac.uk/~uhtm022/isd2001/isd2001c.htm

    Information Systems and the Future of Digital Economy, Gdansk, 6-8 June 2002
    http://panda.bg.univ.gda.pl/ecis2002/main.html

    Critical Research in Information Systems, Salford, UK, 9-10 July 2001
    http://www.isi.salford.ac.uk/cris/

    Enterprise Information Systems, Setubal, Portugal, 7-10 July 2001
    http://www.iceis.org/

    Security and Control of IT in Society, Bratislava, 15-16 June 2001
    http://www.conference.sk/ifip/cfp.html

    Association of Internet Researchers, Minneapolis, 10-14 October 2001
    http://www.cddc.vt.edu/aoir/

    European Anti-Malware Conference, Berlin, 8-11 June 2002
    http://conference.eicar.org/

    Geospatial Information and Technology Association, Tampa, 17-20 March 2002
    http://www.gita.org/events/02_25_open.html

    History of Scientific and Technical Info Systems, Philadelpha, 15-17 November 2002
    http://www.chemheritage.org/HistoricalServices/2002HHSTIS2.htm

    Road Transport Information and Control, London, 19-21 March 2002
    http://conferences.iee.org.uk/RTIC/

    European Conference on e-Government, Dublin, 27-28 September 2001
    http://www.mcil.co.uk/2c-eceg2001.htm

    information society

    Information, Knowledges and Society, Havana, 22-26 April 2002
    http://www.idict.cu/info2002/venglish.htm

    Euro-China Forum on the Information Society, Beijing, 16-20 April 2002
    http://www.EuroChina2002.com/default.htm

    interface

    Usability Professionals Association, Las Vegas, 27-29 June 2001
    http://www.upassoc.org/conf2001/call.html

    IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Tokyo, 9-13 July 2001
    http://www.interact2001.com/

    Information Technology Evaluation, Oxford, 17-18 September 2001
    http://is.twi.tudelft.nl/iteva/Callfp012.htm

    Language-Action Perspective on Communication Modelling, Montreal, 21-22 July 2001
    http://www-i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/conf/lap2001/

    Human Interfaces in Control Rooms, Cockpits and Command Centres, Manchester, 19-21 June 2001
    http://www.iee.org.uk/Conf/PIC2001/

    Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, Birmingham, 17-19 September 2001
    http://www.iee.org.uk/Conf/ADAS/

    International Workshop on Groupware, Darmstadt, 6-8 September 2001
    http://criwg.nce.ufrj.br/criwg01/

    Human Factors in Computing Systems, Minneapolis, 20-25 April 2002
    http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2002/

    International Conference on Information Visualization, London, 25-27 July 2001
    http://www.graphicslink.demon.co.uk/IV2001/

    economics and commerce

    ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce, Tampa, 14-17 October 2001
    http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigecom/EC01/

    Electronic Commerce, Vienna, 31 October - 4 November 2001
    http://info.tuwien.ac.at/icec2001/

    Applied Evolutionary Economics, Vienna, 13-15 September 2001
    http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/inst/vw1/gee/emaee/emaee_index.html

    New Institutional Economics, Berkeley, 13-15 September 2001
    http://www.isnie.org/ISNIE2001.htm

    Antitrust Issues in Network Industries, Helsinki, 3-4 August 2001
    http://data.vatt.fi/aiini/default.htm

    Economics of Information Technologies, Madrid, 14 June 2001
    http://www.ucm.es/info/icae/Call.PDF

    Economics of Information and Communication Technologies, Mannheim, 18-19 June 2001
    ftp://ftp.zew.de/pub/zew-docs/div/ITC-Conference.pdf

    World Media Economics Conference, Turku, 9-11 May 2002
    http://www.tukkk.fi/mediagroup/meconference.htm

    Evolutionary Political Economy, Siena, 8-11 November 2001
    http://www.econ-pol.unisi.it/eaepe2001/

    Institutions in Transition, Otocec, Slovenia, 13-14 July 2001
    http://www.gov.si/zmar/conference2001/

    Civil Society and the Democratization of Global Governance, Montreal, 12-15 May 2002
    http://www.fimcivilsociety.org/co02_anglais_text.html

    libraries and museums

    Preservation in the Digital Age, Paris, 27-30 May 2002
    http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/2001/0034.html

    Museums and the Web, Boston, 17-20 April 2002
    http://www.archimuse.com/mw2002/

    Russian digital library conference, Petrozavodsk, 11-13 September 2001
    http://rcdl2001.krc.karelia.ru/

    Internet Librarian, Pasadena, 6-8 November 2001
    http://www.infotoday.com/il2001/

    Library and Information Technology Association, Milwaukee, 11-14 October 2001
    http://www.lita.org/forum01/index.htm

    Digital Reference Conference, Orlando, 12-13 November 2001
    http://vrd.org/conferences/VRD2001/

    Information Strategies, Fort Myers, Florida, 14-16 November 2001
    http://library.fgcu.edu/Conferences/infostrategies/index.html

    the incredibly huge world of education technology

    Symposium on Online Learning, Kuala Lumpur, 5-7 September 2001
    http://www.calm.unimas.my/sole2001/non_flash/main.html

    Faculty Approaches to Instructional Technology, Tampa, 12-15 August 2001
    http://taste.merlot.org/conference/

    International Conference on e-Education, Kuala Lumpur, 29-30 October 2001
    http://www.intimal.edu.my/conference/

    Diversity and Harmonization in Higher Education, Porto, 9-12 September 2001
    http://www.org.uva.nl/eair/porto/index.asp

    International Technology Education Association, Columbus, 14-16 March 2002
    http://www.iteawww.org/D.html

    Information Technology and Teacher Education, Nashville, 18-23 March 2002
    http://www.aace.org/conf/site/SITE2002CALLweb.pdf

    Management of Student Information Systems, Charleston, 21-24 July 2002
    http://mosis.sc.edu/

    WebNet, Orlando, 23-27 October 2001
    http://www.aace.org/conf/webnet/

    Society for Applied Learning Technology, Arlington, 24-26 July 2001
    http://www.salt.org/

    Computers in Education, Copenhagen, 29 July - 3 August 2001
    http://www.wcce2001.dk/

    Advanced Learning Technologies, Madison, 6-8 August 2001
    http://lttf.ieee.org/icalt2001/

    Association for Learning Technology, Edinburgh, 11-13 September 2001
    http://www.ed.ac.uk/altc2001/

    EDUCAUSE, Indianapolis, 29-31 October 2001
    http://www.educause.edu/conference/e2001/

    International Conference on Online Learning, Orlando, 16-18 November 2001
    http://www.aln.org/7th_sloan.htm

    Technology Supported Learning and Training, Berlin, 28-30 November 2001
    http://www.online-educa.com/

    Higher Education Research and Development, Newcastle, Australia, 8-11 July 2001
    http://www.newcastle.edu.au/conferences/herdsa2001/

    Qualitative Research in Higher Education, Lancaster, 16-18 July 2001
    http://www.massey.ac.nz/~cprichar/hecu2.html

    end