[RRE]pointers

From: Phil Agre (pagreat_private)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 08:39:08 PDT

    Here are some URL's.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.

    politics

    Felon Purge Sacrificed Innocent Voters
    http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/sunday/news_1.html

    Tallahassee promoting itself as a destination for election debacle tourists
    http://www.sptimes.com/News/052701/Travel/Classy_Tallahassee.shtml

    Globe Was Right: No White House Vandalism
    http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/148/oped/Globe_was_right_no_White_House_vandalism+.shtml

    they constantly spread lies about their opponents
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A80286-2001May26.html

    Enron's Secret Bid to Save Deregulation
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/05/26/MN209410.DTL

    When Children Relied on Faith-Based Agencies
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/26/opinion/26OCON.html

    manifestly willing to lie for political convenience
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/27/opinion/27KRUG.html

    incredible viciousness of the conservative calumnists
    http://www.salon.com/news/letters/2001/05/26/cornell/

    specimens of Ari Fleischer's technique that repay careful study
    http://slate.msn.com/code/chatterbox/chatterbox.asp?Show=5/25/2001&%20idMessage=7737

    "We've just about maxed out what we are going to get from white guys"
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A79602-2001May25.html

    GOP Makes Leaving Easier
    http://www.newsday.com/columnists/stories/thursday/nd8995.htm

    if op-ed pages were glutted with this sort of thing, we'd have a liberal media
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/27/opinion/27CARV.html

    the world

    the oily one is supporting the Taliban's faith-based drug control program ...
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/iprs/20010523/cm/bush_s_faustian_deal_with_the_taliban_1.html

    ... even as the UN claims that the Taliban is dealing to support its wars
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010525/wl/un_afghanistan_1.html

    review of books on war crimes tribunals
    http://www.nybooks.com/nyrev/WWWarchdisplay.cgi?20010308031R

    stupid anti-globalization "anarchism" now a video game
    http://www.gamespot.co.uk/stories/news/0,2160,2062851,00.html

    Burmese opposition in exile
    http://www.irrawaddy.org/

    the US is at war in Colombia
    http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/military/featured/2001/dyncorp.html

    everything else

    new Echelon report
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,496859,00.html

    Hormel has given up complaining about "spam" referring to junk e-mail
    http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,44111,00.html

    review of a book about 18th century economic ideas
    http://www.latimes.com/print/books/20010527/t000044211.html

    McVeigh Documents Raise New Questions
    http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2001/05/27/mcveigh/

    "You have to be courageous to publicly criticize the Church of Scientology"
    http://www.sptimes.com/News/052601/Opinion/Church_behavior.shtml

    extreme weirdness of life in the Scientology headquarters of Clearwater, FL
    http://www.sptimes.com/News/042001/TampaBay/Sale_paved_in_controv.shtml

    the pay-per-use threat to libraries
    http://www.technologyreview.com/magazine/jun01/shulman.asp

    say, wasn't the market going to stifle Microsoft without the government's help?
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/01_23/b3735001.htm

    David Gray (and the new Radiohead album)
    http://realguide.real.com/music/?s=david_gray

    war stories from waiters
    http://waiters-revenge.com/

    article about "The Runner", first serious attempt to integrate TV and the net
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/27/arts/27HOLS.html?pagewanted=all

    As Others Abandon Plains, Indians and Bison Come Back
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/27/national/27FRON.html?pagewanted=all

    article on corporate anthropologists
    http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/dayonthejob/05/23/corp.anthropologist.idg/

    article about Casio's high-tech wrist gadgets
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/24/technology/24STAT.html

    entertaining rant about "smartness" in MS handling of URL's
    http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.42.html#subj12

    Science World in Revolt at Power of the Journal Owners
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,496855,00.html

    end