Re: Personal web server

From: kiborg (contactat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 18 1996 - 13:44:37 PST

>An attempt to do this on a Windows NT 4.0 WS (with SP4) failed with a
>404 error as expected.
Yes on NT 4.0(SP3) i get the same.

404 Not Found
The requested URL /....../ was not found on this server.

>Maybe Kiborg can tell us on what platform this was successfully
>performed on together with what, if any, security was configured on said
>box.
I did check on :
 Win95 worked.
 Win98 worked.
and on NT 4.0 (SP3) failed with 404 error.

>Obviously /....../ shouldn't match to any directory by any convention
>I'm aware of, so its clearly some sort of problem. To determine,
>however, the extent of the risks for Win9x users of PWS we should know
>how the site was being secured, configured, and accessed.

Well i discovered what http://127.0.0.1/..../ or http://127.0.0.1/........./
(must be more than 3 dots /..../) will show the root directory.

-----
contactat_private     Tavo laiskai, lietaus lasai
http://www.kiborg.net    papasakos man tiek daug pa pa-rara !