Vulnerability Database

From: Matt Barrie (mattat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 00:38:15 PDT

    June 22, 1997.

    Infilsec has released a comprehensive vulnerability database
    called the Vulnerability Engine at:

    http://www.infilsec.com/vulnerabilities

    The database aims to act as a repository for the vulnerabilities
    and fixes of the type discussed on mailing lists such as Bugtraq,
    NTBugtraq and Best-of-Security.

    The database allows on-line submission and modification of
    vulnerability information so bugs or fixes can be entered
    or updated by anyone (albeit after moderation). We believe that
    concentrating this information in a sensible form will provide
    an easier method of retrieval than searching through
    back archives of Bugtraq, etc.

    We hope that this becomes a useful security resource and we
    would welcome any feedback on the design or functionality of
    the database (please bear in mind that the Vulnerability Engine
    is still in development).

    Regards,

    Matt Barrie
    Infilsec