Re: cisco 76x buffer overflow

From: John Bashinski (jbashat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 08:18:26 PST

    > When i reported the bug to cisco i promised them that i'll post this info to
    > public if they dont fix it withing a week.

    You should have gotten a response.

    However, I can *guarantee* you a response if you report these things
    to security-alertat_private I can't guarantee to always turn around
    a fix in a week, but I can guarantee that there'll be action, and
    that you'll get *some* sort of response.

    99 percent of the trick in dealing with any big company is to deal
    with the right people.

                                            -- John B.