Re: bonk.c

From: Jord Sonneveld (jsonneveat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 19:19:09 PST

    Using boink.c (a modified bonk, available from http://www.rootshell.com),
    I noticed that not all Win95/NT boxes come to a screeching halt.
    Sometimes, 95 and NT time out for a while, mouse moves slow, etc. I have
    only tested this on machines with ALL the latest patches applied. The
    machines were pretty much identical and I do not know why some timed out
    and some crashed with regular boink.

    However, when I specified 127.0.0.1 as the source address for the packet,
    I got a very pretty blue screen in every case (which for me is five 95
    boxes and four NT boxes).

    My options for boink scanned between ports 1 and 27000, sending 1 packet.

    J\S