Security flaw in htmlscript

From: Joseph Jay Austin (joeat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 17:28:53 PST

    This message is in response to the security breach regarding
    our product, htmlscript, that was published in this list.

    We became aware earlier today of a security flaw in the
    htmlscript 2.99x distribution and certain earlier releases.

    This flaw allows people to get a copy of the system password
    (and other) files using our product.  We are fixing this
    problem and will be making a binary only distribution of
    v2.9932 available to all licensees of the product.

    The current shipping version of the product (htmlscript
    v3.x/Miva 1.x) does not have this security flaw.  All
    customers have the option of getting a copy of the latest
    release or a binary only fix of the 2.99x distribution.
    Both are, naturally, available at no charge.  Customers
    wanting access to these binaries should contact
    supportat_private or should call our main number.

    Due to the serious nature of this problem we urge all
    htmlscript licensees to make this upgrade their
    highest priority.

    Htmlscript Corporation
    Joe Austin, President
    joeat_private