Yup we came out with l0phtCrack v2.0

From: Mudgenski Von Splat (mudgeat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 15:44:34 PST

    [somebody posted the URL a day ago - though we hadn't made it publicly
     available at the time as we were working out some minor bugs. This is
     the official release. Sorry for any confusion and our appologies to
     anyone who D/L'd the next to final rev that we had up for a day.
     Just grab the newest version and remove the registry key from any previous
     versions - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\L0pht before you install. .mudge]

          Document:  L0pht Security Announcement
        URL Origin:  http://www.l0pht.com/l0phtcrack/
      Release Date:  February 12th, 1998
       Application:  Windows NT, SAMBA running on Unix machines
          Severity:  New release of l0phtcrack v2.0
            Author:  mudgeat_private, weldat_private
     Operating Sys:  Windows NT, Windows 95

     L0phtCrack 2.0 Released

     It's big. It's bad. It cuts through NT passwords like a diamond
     tipped, steel blade. It ferrets them out from the registry, from
     repair disks, and by sniffing the net like an anteater on
     dexadrene.

     For the six months since L0phtCrack 1.5 was first demonstrated publicly
     we have been doing usability testing and listening to the L0phtCrack
     user community for feature ideas. Thanks for your input. We hope you
     are happy with the improvements in functionality and performance.

     New features

     The long awaited SMB session network sniffer is bundled in.
     Collect LANMAN password hashes without administrator rights.

     Use built-in SAMDUMP funtion to extract the password hashes
     from the registry SAM file on the hard disk, an emergency repair
     disk, or a backup tape.

     Ability to save and restore a partially completed brute force
     attempt. Current iteration and character set are saved with the
     partial results. File is automatically saved every 5 minutes.

      When one of the halves of a LANMAN password is found it is
      displayed. Great for 8-12 character passwords where the 2nd
      half of the password is quickly brute forced.

      Custom character sets for brute forcing are supported.

      Multiprocessing brute force algorithm. Benchmarked brute force
      at 6 hours for A-Z characters and 62 hours for A-Z, 0-9 on a
      quad Pentium Pro 200.

      Exponential speedup for large numbers of users due to faster
      search algorithm. It is now feasible to brute force 10,000 users
      at a time,

      L0phtCrack is now a friendly background process. It runs at
      below normal priority and has the ability to completly hide and
      be restored with a hotkey: Ctrl-Alt-L.

    L0phtCrack 2.0 is shareware

    L0phtCrack was originally envisioned as an experimental research tool.
    Many system administrators, security auditors, and tiger teams have
    asked for specific features to make L0phtCrack a more powerful and
    easier to use tool. We have decided to give L0phtCrack the quality and
    feature set needed by computer security professionals and distribute it
    as shareware.

    The trial period is 15 days, after which the product must be registered
    for $50. A command-line, stripped down version of the program is
    available for free with source code.

    cheers,

    mudgeat_private - weldat_private