Possible Bug in CDE on HP-UX

From: gareth greenaway (ggreenawat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 10:42:35 PST

    While playing around with CDE on the HP-UX workstations at my university i
    recently discovered a oddity.  In the CDE printer mangager I discovered
    that I, using my normal student login, could delete print jobs from the
    print que.  Including those that weren't mine.  Although this doesnt seem
    like a severe security risk, im sure other users wouldnt be too happy to
    know that someone could easily delete their print jobs.

    Machine Stats.
    HP-UX hp10 B.10.20 A 9000/712
    Running CDE

                                                    Gareth J. Greenaway