Ascend Filter Setup

From: Mark Schaefer (marksat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 19:25:31 PST

    How to set up an Ascend Killer filter:

    Pick an unused filter, do this for an input filter:
    (where 192.168.5.1 is your ascend pipeline)

    20-401 Some Filter Name
     In Filter 01
      Valid=Yes
      Type=IP
      Generic...
      IP...
      IPX...

    20-401 Some Filter Name
     Ip...
     >Forward=No
      Src Mask=0.0.0.0
      Src Adrs=0.0.0.0
      Dst Mask=255.255.255.255
      Dst Adrs=192.168.5.1
      Protocol=17
      Src Port Cmp=None
      Src Port #=N/A
      Dst Port Cmp=Eql
      Dst Port #=9
      TCP Estab=N/A

    ---------------------
    After that, put another entry in the filter table, this is to forward
    "normal" traffic.
    ---------------------

    20-401 Some Filter Name
     In Filter 02
      Valid=Yes
      Type=IP
      Generic...
      IP...
      IPX...

    20-401 Some Filter Name
     Ip...
     >Forward=Yes
      Src Mask=0.0.0.0
      Src Adrs=0.0.0.0
      Dst Mask=0.0.0.0
      Dst Adrs=0.0.0.0
      Protocol=0
      Src Port Cmp=None
      Src Port #=N/A
      Dst Port Cmp=None
      Dst Port #=N/A
      TCP Estab=N/A

    ------------------

    After this, go into your connection profile manager, and go down to
    session options, and where it says "Data Filter" put in the number of the
    filter you defined (in this example it's filter #1)  Save it, and no
    reboot should be necessary.

    Disclaimer:  This worked on my Ascend Pipeline 75, I'll assume that the
    25, 50, and 130 are all similar.

    Mark Schaefer             The Brigade Quake Clan http://www.thebrigade.com
    System Administrator           Email me, it's faster, better, AND cheaper.
    Florida Internet Corporation              Annex BBS telnet://bbs.annex.net
    (561)615-0001                Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.
    icq:2991916       Erwyn's AntiSpam Page http://www.flinet.com/~erwyn/spam/