Re: WinSock 2.2. Woes

From: Russ (Russ.Cooperat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 07:56:07 PST

    I am running Win98 4.10.1650 using IE 4.01 (4.72.2106.8)

    I tried going to;

    www.something.com (15 characters not counting dots)
    www.somethi.com (13 characters not counting dots, 15 counting dots)
    www.someh.com (11 characters not counting dots, 13 counting dots)

    and none caused a crash. All failed to resolve. So then I tried the
    original submissions;

    www.socois.cool
    www.pcorner.org
    blahd.yahoo.com

    and none caused a crash. All failed to resolve.

    I did this all in the same browser window, one after the other, and then
    went to www.microsoft.com and the page came up properly.

    I would suggest that there is something else going on in Ralph
    LoBianco's system that I can't reproduce here on mine.

    Cheers,
    Russ Cooper
    R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security
    http://www.ntbugtraq.com