Re: WinSock 2.2. Woes

From: Seth McGann (smmat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 18:59:38 PST

    At 18:48 3/18/98 -0500, Ralph LoBianco wrote:
    >This is interesting since Its happening on three systems all running the
    >same versions as you are. I just tried it again and the first two attempts
    >at resolving www.socois.cool did not make the machine crash but on the third
    >attempt I tried to have the system resolve www.pcorner.org and it crashed
    >hard with a fatal exception 0E VXD error.
    >
    >I can reproduce this on three totally different systems all running win98
    >4.10.1650 and IR 4.01 4.7.2106.8

    Likewise, my Win98 Build 1708 system crashes hard when fed the address.
    After a few second delay it complains about VFAT exception errors (strange
    eh?) gives some 0E and 0D and finally dies.  I would not say this is an
    isolated incident.

    Seth M. McGann / smmat_private        "Security is making it
    http://www.wpi.edu/~smm              to the bathroom in time."
    KeyID: 1024/2048/5FC59C0A
    Fingerprint F315 1C37 CF3C 3612 3B28  BC84 C430 BC22 5FC5 9C0A