Re: IE 4 Bug (Crash with frames)

From: System Administrator (rootat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 11:14:01 PST

    History records that Lloyd Vancil wrote:
    > >I fust found a way to crash IE 4 using frames:
    > >Make a file 'test.htm' with the following content
    > >and view it with IE 4. Under Win95 IE 4 will
    > >crash.
    > >
    > ><!--
    > >
    > ><HTML>
    > ><HEAD>
    > ><TITLE>IE 4 BUG</TITLE>
    > ></HEAD>
    > >
    > ><FRAMESET ROWS = 50%,50%>
    > >        <FRAME SRC = "test.htm">
    > >        <FRAME SRC = "test.htm">
    > ></FRAMESET>
    > >
    > ><BODY>
    > >
    > ></BODY>
    > ></HTML>
    > >
    > >-->
    > >

    > >Thomas Weidauer
    >
    > Kills Netscape Communicator on a mac too
    > Naturalitch!  A forever loop in a web page....
    > 3.01 on Solaris loads the page but any further load it dies.
    >
    > Why would you want to do this anyway?

    I found that the loop is not necessary.  Name the page ie4test.html and
    leave the frame links as test.htm (which need not exist), and it still
    crashes IE4.  The entire content is inside a HTML comment anyway, so the
    correct action for ANY browser is to treat the entire page as a no-op.

    --
     Phil V. Stracchino | Personal opinions expressed by me do not represent
     MIS Administrator  | official positions or policies of Cardima Inc.,