Clarification

From: Mike Gleason (mgleasonat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 17:45:15 PST

    First of all, I apologize for the tone of my previous message.

    That'd being said, list readers should know that I have no objection
    whatsoever about this or any future bug being posted here or anywhere.  I
    agree that the users and administrators have a right to know about these
    bugs.  All I ask is that when you send your message "To:
    BUGTRAQat_private" that you also "CC: mgleasonat_private" while you're
    at it.  I think if a contact e-mail address is readily available, that this
    is a reasonable request to ask for any piece of software.

    For the record, versions vulnerable to the MkDirs/Get -R bug:

      2.0.0 through 2.4.2

    Not:

      1.0 (circa 1992) through 1.9.5 are not, but may have other problems.
      2.4.3
      Version 3.0 (still beta)
      NcFTPGet (all versions)

    Versions 1, 2, and 3 are all available from the NcFTP download page,
    http://www.ncftp.com/download/ .

    Mike Gleason
    NcFTP Software