Re: Trivial mSQL/MySQL DoS method?

From: Nigel Reed (Non-HP) (nigelrat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 12:17:23 PST

    Confirmed with 2.0.1 under HPUX 10.20 and NetBSD 1.3

    If I keep repeatedly opening telnet sessions, it will make msqladmin
    hang, although once a telnet session times out, then it will carry on
    as normal.

    I dont have 2.0.3 but I expect it will be similar - thanks for the
    heads up on this one.

    I'll pass it on to the author (who doesn't appear to be doing much these
    days so I doubt there will be a speedy fix)

    Regards
    Nigel

    --
    Nigel Reed            Please do NOT send me MIME email. I will only
                      read TEXT based email. MIME will be unread and deleted

    ANTI SPAM FILTER IN USE :: REMOVE SPAM-ME-NOT IF REPLYING TO NEWSGROUP MESSAGE