Wietse's RPCBIND

From: Wietse Venema (wietseat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 12:26:47 PDT

    "My" rpcbind (which is mostly SUN code) does:

            unlink(savefile);
            fopen(savefile);

    Thus, the time window is small. Moreover, you get only one chance;
    once rpcbind is gone, someone has to restart it by hand. I figure
    that if you slow down the file system enough, and fill up the open
    file table, there will be a way to sneak in.

    The fix is to open the save file with the O_EXCL flag set. I'm
    about to leave for a week. I'll see if I can get out an update
    today, otherwise it will have to be a week later.

            Wietse