Re: Netmanage Holes -- addendum

From: Tom Czarnik (tomat_private-JOSE.CA.US)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 17:07:04 PDT

    >     2. - Netmanage support indicated that the Personal Web Server [httpd]
    >     and the Finger client are no longer supported software.  I included
    >     them as an FYI, and to show that lots of their proggies have validity
    >     check problems.

    These problems date back to 1994, when I was a test engineer for NM.
    Unfortunately, their QA group was and is not very well staffed with
    knowledgeable people. They have never done adequate testing (especially
    for validity problems), tending to let things go out the door as long
    as it doesn't break by doing "normal" things.

    Of course, the CEO stating that having GPFs is good because it forces
    people to call support and talk about the product, is not a good thing
    either. No, I am not kidding.

    --
                       \\\___///