Re: hole in turbolinux 1.2 default xinitrc (FIX)

From: Scott Stone (sstoneat_private)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 17:59:16 PDT

    On Fri, 1 May 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Anyone running X11 on a turbo linux 1.2 system (who has not modified
    > > anything) is most likely affected.
    > >
    > > I attempted to notify the author here first, but it bounced... so here you
    > > go.
    > >
    > > this is the default xinitrc on Turbolinux 1.2 systems.  anyone see a hole?
    > > being that Turbolinux 1.2 is based on Red Hat 5, RH5 may have this hole
    > > too.
    >
    > Apparently not. Just checked
    >
    > xinitrc-1.3-5
    >
    > contains no xhost references.

    OK, here's the scoop on the TurboLinux bug:

    It affects both v1.0 and v1.2.
    It can be temporarily fixed by simply commenting out the offending line.
    It may be PROPERLY fixed by getting:

    ftp.turbolinux.com:/pub/tl_updates/xinitrc-2.0-3TL.i386.rpm

    Upgrade with:

    rpm -Uvh xinitrc-2.0-3TL.i386.rpm

    PS - TL 1.2 is not based on RH 5.  ie, don't expect any glibc support in
    1.2.  TL 2.0 will have glibc support, but it's not based on Redhat's
    model... ours does it slightly differently.

    Scott M. Stone <sstoneat_private, sstoneat_private>
                   <sstoneat_private>
    Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.
    http://www.pht.com              http://armadillo.pht.co.jp
    http://www.pht.co.jp            http://www.turbolinux.com