Anonymous Connections May Be Able to Obtain the Password Policy

From: David LeBlanc (dleblancat_private)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 06:01:50 PDT

    Microsoft has released the following KB article detailing something I found
    a few months ago.  This problem is fixed in the lsa2-fix -
    RestrictAnonymous must be set as well.

    Anonymous Connections May Be Able to Obtain the Password Policy
    Last reviewed: April 29, 1998
    Article ID: Q129457

    Further details can be had at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q129/4/57.asp

    For those of you who use the ISS Scanner 5.0 running on NT, this is why we
    always check your password policies, no matter how tightly your machine is
    locked down.

    It is always nice to see a vendor fix something without having to beat them
    up publicly over it.

    David LeBlanc
    dleblancat_private