DHCP 1.0 and 2.0 SECURITY ALERT! (fwd)

From: Chris Evans (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 07:12:50 PDT

    Hi,

    I found some nasty security problems with dhcpd. They appear to have been
    addressed in an official release + patch, so it's time to let the world
    know...

    It's probably mentioned in the following forwarded announcement, but if
    using dhcpd, you really should consider this a mandatory upgrade... :)

    Thanks to Alan Cox for co-ordinating things once the problem was
    discovered.

    Chris

    ------- Blind-Carbon-Copy