Re: NFS shell

From: Oliver Friedrichs (oliverat_private)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 11:22:57 PDT

    > The sources are in:
    >
    >         ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/leendert/nfsshell.tar.gz
    >
    > Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

    Some interesting features that people will probably want to add to this:

    - ability to query rpcbind/portmap on port 32771.  rpcbind on (unpatched)
      solaris listened on a port equal to, or above 32771.  This allows you to
      bypass any filters that may be blocking standard portmap/rpcbind on port
      111.

    - ability to perform NFS over port 4045.  Solaris nlockmgr service will
      accept any NFS packets and always listens on port 4045, probably because
      it's a direct path into the kernel like NFS is.  This allows you to
      bypass any filters that may be blocking NFS traffic on port 2049.

    Just 2 of a number of undocumented services that we found in Solaris...

    - Oliver

          Network Associates, Inc. 2805 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA, 95051