Re: pingflood.c

From: Phil Stracchino (alaricat_private)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 20:01:43 PDT

    > void mysleep(int seconds)
    > {
    >         struct timeval  tv;
    >
    >         tv.tv_sec=seconds;
    >         tv.tv_usec=0;
    >
    >         select(0,NULL,NULL,NULL,&tv);
    > }
    >
    > The code above should be portable to every platform that supports the standard
    > select(2) semantics.  It allows for subsecond precision too.  This implementation
    > isn't subject to signal dainbrammage either.

    However, depending on your platform's implementation of select(), it may
    consume idle CPU cycles, causing an artificially high load figure and
    possibly stealing cycles from other lower-priority jobs.

    --
     ----  phil stracchino  ----  the renaissance man  ----  lone geek biker  ----
       "I have a cat named Easter, he says, Will you ever learn -