Re: ircii-pana (BitchX) 74p4 overflow

From: Rich Lafferty (richat_private)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 12:18:15 PDT

    On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brian Weiss wrote:

    > Thanks for the report, although this problem has already been fixed in the
    > 75 alpha versions. If you would like, you can obtain a 75aX binary through
    > one of two methods:
    >
    > 1. /ctcp q cdcc list - on efnet

    Eesh! On an IRC network with no nick-ownership services, this is just
    *begging* for trouble. You should post the user@host of the client which
    is to be trusted.

    The effect of a malevolent user obtaining that nick would be unfortunate.

      -Rich/mendel@efnet

    --
    Computing Services       | "How should I know if it works? That's what