PPTP Vulnerability

From: Aleph One (aleph1at_private)
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 08:53:40 PDT

    This is a FYI. Most of this has already been discussed in NTBUGTRAQ and
    NTSECURITY. Counterpane has released a paper discussing several
    vulnerabilities in PPTP. You can find the paper at
    http://www.counterpane.com/pptp.html.

    Some of these vulnerabilities I had already discussed on the nt security
    mailing lists back in October of last year and May of this year. You can
    find my late night ramblings on the subject at:

    http://listserv.ntbugtraq.com/scripts/wa-ntbt.exe?A2=ind9805&L=ntbugtraq&F=&S=&P=663
    http://listserv.ntbugtraq.com/scripts/wa-ntbt.exe?A2=ind9806&L=ntbugtraq&F=&S=&P=172
    http://listserv.ntbugtraq.com/scripts/wa-ntbt.exe?A2=ind9806&L=ntbugtraq&F=&S=&P=265

    Aleph One / aleph1at_private
    http://underground.org/
    KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
    Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01