Full Armor.... Fool Proof etc... bugs

From: chameleon (chameleonat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 11 1998 - 19:15:49 PDT

    I have seen a few post about the "Full Armor hacks" and thought I would drop
    some info.

    There are various programs that make a desktop "secure".  Full Armor and
    Fool Proof are two of them. They both suffer from the same problems.

    Below is basically how to bypass most "secure" desktop programs:
    -----------------
    Turn on your computer. (Tuff one there)
    There will be a two or so second gap between seeing your windows desktop and
    seeing the explorer bar across the bottom.
    During that two second gap, hit control + alt + delete... this will load
    task manager.
    You now have taskmanager which will enable you to run whatever you like. You
    also are able to do this without any restrictions because you froze windows
    from loading explorer and Full Armor... Fool Proof etc...
    -----------------
    The first ladys post about this kinda said something about taskman but from
    the people I have talked to... she either had an old version or something
    wasnt installed right because it wont let you end task full armor.

    This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If you have problems re-creating
    this then e-mail me... I don't think bugtraq readers would wana hear about
    it.

    In closeing... I havent seen a secure desktop program yet for windows95.
    Also the MacOS doesnt seem to have a secure desktop program that "works". At
    Ease is one of the most widely used "secure desktop" programs out there.
    Most schools and stores etc.. use At Ease... You can easily crash At Ease by
    holding down three keys on startup of the system (No not the key to bypass
    folders... you can basically open a bunch of programs and if you do it right
    At Ease will run out of room for itself in memory and dump it self to free
    up resources... once its dumped your left looking at the neato mac finder
    gui. If you want specifics on this At Ease bug drop me an e-mail.

    Anyways thats just some info on all that.

    Hackerly Yours,
    chameleon
    chameleonat_private
    Rhino9 Security Team (www.rhino9.org)
    InterCore Security

    Crack the code:
    "Vjgtg ku pq itgcvgt vgcigfa vjcp fqkpi pqvjkpi hpt hgct qh fqkpi vqq
    nkvvng"

    No the above isnt a Microsoft encryption standard. ;-]