Re: another remote pine vunerability

From: Jason H. Reeves (jhrat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 18 1998 - 16:39:39 PDT

    On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Michal Zalewski wrote:

    > Recently I found silly remote overflow in pine. It's so simple there's no
    > need to describe it:

            I tried this on pine 3.96 on Solaris 2.5.1 and had no problems.  I
    used your bogus address, put it as the From: field in a bogus test
    message, and appended it to /var/mail/jhr and tried to read it.  I read it
    without any problems.

    Jason H. Reeves (KC5TTQ)                        jason.reevesat_private
    Arkansas Department of Information Systems      Little Rock, AR