Qpopper 2.52 (was Re: qpopper 2.51)

From: Laurence Lundblade (lglat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 16:04:17 PDT

    Indeed things were moving around, though it wasn't quite a good thing. We
    had some trouble with our FTP server configuration. It has been resolved.
    We also have a few new fixes to qpopper.

    The current version is qpopper2.52. It fixes a few problems with bulletins,
    and some compilation issues with strerror() on some UNIXs that occured in
    2.5.

    The official location is:
        ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper

    Hopefully that puts an end to this issue. Sorry about the problems with the
    ftp server.

    Also I'll mention that we're planning a qpopper 3.0 that will fix a few
    more bugs that we know about (not security holes, I assure you). We have
    proposed a general POP extension mechanism that has passed last call with
    the IETF and is awaiting approval by the area director and the IESG and
    publication as an RFC. Qpopper 3.0 will support it.

    LL