Re: Fwd: Any user can panic OpenBSD machine

From: Chris Wedgwood (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 14:34:18 PDT

    Just for the hell of it, I tested this under linux 2.1.x - no problems.

    Not, according to the source in front of me, the size is actually 2^32-1 (or
    2^64-1 on 64-bit platforms), not negative because the length parameter is of
    type size_t which is an unsigned integer.

    It does not return EINVAL (as, I believe, somebody else reported).

    -cw