Re: netscape mail overflow(another one)

From: pedwardat_private
Date: Wed Jul 29 1998 - 10:34:04 PDT

    Netscape mail for Windows has an overflow in the body.  This is evident when a spammer
    sends one of our customers a message with the text all on one line.  You can reproduce
    by putting 32768 characters in a line, mail it to yourself, and try to download.
    Netscape chokes when reading the POP box and refuses to fetch the message.  I
    just use netscape mail for Unix and the problem doesn't exist (gee, I wonder why :>)

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
    http://www.webcom.com  perry.harringtonat_private  Think Blue.  /\