Re: Object tag crashes Internet Explorer 4.0

From: Paul Leach (paulleat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 14:42:41 PDT

    I meant the variant of HTML that includes object tags and J-Script/VB-Script
    that has conditional statements and recursion -- which is enough to make it
    Turing complete. If the precise name of that is DHTML, it's not relevant --
    as far as users are concerened it's stuff in web pages that nearly all
    browsers know how to and will execute and will throw it into a
    non-terminating computation -- which makes it "HTML" as far as they are
    concerned.