New Eudora bug ?

From: Patrick Oonk (patrickat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 09:19:41 PDT

    http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/98/08/biztech/articles/07email-code.html

    SAN FRANCISCO -- Just days after a serious security flaw was revealed in two
    popular electronic mail programs, an equally troubling vulnerability has been
    discovered in Eudora, the most widely used of all e-mail software.

    The Eudora flaw makes it possible for a malicious computer user with little or
    no programming expertise to booby-trap an e-mail message by inserting a
    seemingly harmless link to an Internet location that in fact executes
    malignant code. This could permit an attacker to destroy or steal data or to
    otherwise tamper with a personal computer.

    --
    | Patrick Oonk -    http://patrick.mypage.org/  - patrickat_private |
    | Pine Internet B.V.           Consultancy, installatie en beheer |