Re: Yahoo Pager auto-update

From: Texan Hawk (r_claypoat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 08:29:36 PDT

    RE: Yahoo Pager auto-update
    BY: ralf rudolph <rrudolphat_private>

       Yahoo has lost all of my respect consearning there security measures.  You
    most likely have been to rootshell in the past while, but in case you havn't
    there was a program that would let you use the yahoo pager under anyone's
    account you chose.  It appears as if yahoo's pager gets he pw from the client
    side and not the server itself.  thusly if you load up this program it will log
    you i as anyone.  You can't do anything except send instant messages, but if
    you sit there long enough or koow someone's yahoo pagername you could do a lot
    of evil to them.  You can't read mail, but still it's damaging.

       any system that is so open to attack just deserves to be exployted.

    Granted  2 Minutes and 3 Seconds for that post.

    [Personal Tag]: I am worthless, totally worthless

    Origin: Atomnos BBS * 412-766-8149